Friday, April 22, 2011

Side Note: A look into my shambles of a life

I am not a morning person, even on my best day... and we know that currently NO day over the past month is anywhere close to being considered "my best day."

This morning I got up at 5:30 am (WHAT) and took a shower.

D.Soup also got up, to take Calli out because she was huffing and puffing in her crate.

As I am struggling to keep my eyes open in the shower, I almost fall over and have to prop myself up on the wall. I am actually impressed that I actually managed to get myself clean, shampooed and conditioned... I think I might have even got a little shave action in at the underarms. But I can't remember.

I come back into the bedroom to find Calli back in her crate and D.Soup back in bed.

What are you doing?

Waiting for you to get out of the shower.

Why are you in bed?

Because I wanted to cuddle you.

Well, what time are we getting up?

I guess now.

...And I immediately burst into tears.

I don't remember exactly what I said, because most of it was gibberish. But I do remember something along the lines of "All I want is to lay back down and you get to lay down and now you want to get back up and I always get up before you and......"

So we climbed back in bed and slept until about 7:15.

I still didn't want to get up then.



Whenever I do end up having kids, I just know they are going to end up being "morning people." They are going to wake up at 5 am all happy and bubbly and make me bitter towards them for a little while because we're both awake and they are completely okay with that fact.


Because someone, somewhere, hates me.

No comments:

Post a Comment