Saturday, April 16, 2011

neVer forgeT

Today is April16th.

For most people that doesn't mean anything. And until a few years ago it didn't really mean anything to me either.

But now it's a day that I remember a friend with an
amazing smile and a wonderful attitude who is no longer with us, it's a day that I remember another girl I always thought was so strange who lived down the hall from me when I was in the dorms, its a day I think about an entire group of people that I never knew. It's the anniversary of the shootings at Virginia Tech.

It has been 4 years now... And I'm not going to talk a whole lot about it because 1. Everyone knows what happened 2. I got tired of talking about it about 3 months afterwards when everyone wouldn't stop asking if I was there or if I knew anyone and 3. I'm not going to put you through that.

I still can't believe it's been 4 years. I think about my friend all the time, so today isn't really much different for that. What I like to think about more today is the guy that I watched as he walked across the stage that summer with his crutches, because he too had been shot, but survived.

Normally on this day I wear nothing but Virginia Tech clothes, but I had two birthday parties to go to and wanted to look nice. Having the parties also means that I didn't really have a lot of time to think about anything related to VT today... But like I said before, I remember my friend all the time, so today is sort of like any other day.......... Sort of.

Today just hurts a little more.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment