Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Happy (Rainy) Hump Day!

It's Wednesday.

That's about the extent of my insight.

I sat and stared at my blog yesterday for about 4 hours, trying to think of something interesting to write about. Obviously I never came up with anything, since there was no post. I finally decided that nothing happened Monday that was worthy of talking about. Other than my doctor's appointment. I figured it was better if I DIDN'T talk you through that, as it was a mildly traumatic experience for me and I didn't want to put anyone else through that without being face to face with them. The story involves a lot of whispering and face making, and is much better and less terrifying in person. I should find out today if anything came from the tests.

It WAS decided yesterday that I am trading the "my husband" for D.Soup. I guess that makes me A.Soup... or Mz.Soup. That makes me happy.

One of my friends at work sent out a link to a post at The Oatmeal this morning. She then turned around and informed me that THIS:

reminds her of me. Which is completely accurate. That's actually the exact list of terrifying things that goes through my brain if I have somehow managed to end up at home, alone, when its dark out. So thanks to The Oatmeal for portraying my terror so accurately.

On a different note... Calli had a playdate yesterday. With a half grown Bull Mastiff. Which means he's about 8 times her size and that his back came up to my waist. It was a little overwhelming, for all of us. I took a few pictures of them when they finally calmed down and were distracted by chew toys with D.Soup's phone. But since I fail at this whole "I'm going to upload pictures to my computer" concept, we'll see how long it takes for them to get here.

The girls in my office have been doing Weight Watchers. It's really been working for them. They talk about it all the time and have me looking at websites with Weight Watcher friendly recipes. So I talked to one of my friends about it and we've decided to start "Fake Watchers." Most of the information that you need from the real Weight Watchers meetings is available online, for free. The other part of WW that is really helpful for most people is the weekly weigh-in and support group. We are going to be each others support and record weekly weigh-ins where we both can see the results. We just started yesterday, so we'll see how it goes. I think this will be good for me, because I obviously don't have energy to work out after work and all I want to do is sleep all the time, so I'm gaining weight even though I'm not eating any more than before.

I picked up my loom to work on the infinity scarf a little more last night. Got about 10 lines in, then curled up in a ball on the couch and went to sleep. It was 9 pm. Doug woke me up about an hour later so that we could go to bed.



I think I've squeezed everything possible out of my brain.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad to see that your terror theory and mine are pretty much the same.

    Oh and I am in love with D.Soup and Mz.Soup just in case you're wondering.

    ReplyDelete