Thursday, April 7, 2011

Last Night's Project

I recently became the mother of a beautiful baby girl...

Calliope

She's a 4 month old Golden Retriever/Australian Shepherd mix. The picture above is a fantastic picture of her, and I'm very proud of it... There's only a few others like it. Normally when I try to take a picture of her, it turns out like this...
or this...or this...
...so you can see why I'm so proud of the few moments where she will SIT STILL long enough for me to get a good shot. She's a little ball of energy... She's also a lean, mean, chewing machine. Luckily she mostly focuses those attentions on her toys and her bed, not anything that could cause problems between us.

Well, she's been really working on her bed recently. Especially when she gets in trouble. She will go take her frustrations out on the corners of her bed. Which is why, last night it was looking like this:
Now obviously some of those spots are large enough for her to pull stuffing through... Which was of course all over my living room. So I decided it was time for some much needed patchwork.

I had a pair of jeans that was sadly ready for the trashcan...
I HATE when this happens.
So I decided to recycle them:I used my awesome, better-than-you, sewing skills. I made sure to use RED thread... so that you could see how fantastic of a sewing fiend I am.
Don't be jealous of my skillz
And patched it all up for her, top and bottom...
She thankfully doesn't mind that it looks completely ghetto. And she hasn't tried to chew through the jean (yet). We shall see how long it lasts.

I probably should have just bought her a new bed.
My extreme love of green won't let me replace it...

1 comment:

  1. I love her so much! I need to see her again soon! Oh yea and you too of course.
    On another note I am pretty sure my sewing skills will take yours down! =)

    ReplyDelete