Friday, August 29, 2014

Mattress in a box


We moved out of our old house right when RoomStore was going out of business.  It was perfect timing for us because we were in desperate need of a new bed, since we had trashed ours when we moved out of our old house and had spent the first few months sleeping on a deflated air mattress on the floor.  It was almost like camping.  Sort of.  Not really.

We ended up with a king size pillow top mattress that at the beginning felt like magic.  It was so soft, and comfortable.  And then a few months went by, and you could only sleep in two places on the bed because any time you moved anywhere else you rolled right back into the hole.  It was annoying, but we dealt with it because its ridiculous to buy a new bed after less than 2 years.

Like I said before, D.Soup was gone for work all last week.  While he was gone someone recommended the Sleep Innovations 10 inch mattress from Amazon.  They personally had purchased multiple forms of this bed and were very pleased with it.  That was enough to get D.Soup debating on making the purchase.  Once he got home and slept on our bed again - waking up in the morning with a sore back and knees after a week pain free - the deal was done.  That night he placed an order and Monday afternoon our bed was waiting for us when we got home.

What is that, you say?  That doesn't look like a bed?  Well don't be fooled....

That right there is a genuine king size foam mattress.

I wish I would have gotten video of this sucker opening up when we cut the vacuum seal open.  It was hilarious.  It reminded me of those little shapes you would get as a child and when you put them under water they turned into wash clothes. 

I don't know these people, and this is not my video.  But this is the mattress we ended up with, and they took the step that I didn't think of and recorded opening the mattress.  This is exactly how ours went too.

We a few nights in to sleeping on the bed.  More like "sleeping" for me, but D.Soup seems happy with it so far.  I got a better nights sleep the last few nights and I'm feeling pretty good today, so I'm happy with his purchase.


Now I just have to figure out what to do with the king size mattress in my hallway.

No comments:

Post a Comment