Tuesday, August 19, 2014

6 month recap

It's been so long since I've written here, everything is blending together.  So I'm just going to make a list of the things (that I can remember) that have happened over the last few months and quickly recap them.

1.  We finished getting L.Soup's room together

2.  We had a baby!

3.  D.Soup took L.Soup and his mom on a road trip in May.  My mother in law's best friend had a daughter graduating from high school.  They live in North Carolina.  She really wanted to go be a part of the celebrations, but didn't want to go alone.  D.Soup decided it would be fun to take L.Soup and spend some time with his mom.  He also thought it would be nice for me to spend some quality alone time with R.Soup.  It was definitely nice to have just one baby for a few days, but I was so happy when they got home.

4.  While they were gone my mom and I attacked the girls rooms, and the computer room.  We took advantage of having only one baby, and spent a majority of the 5 days they were gone frantically cleaning and organizing the upstairs in my house.  It had turned into a complete disaster area - all the girls clothes were in laundry baskets or on the floor, boxes were piled everywhere, things got carried upstairs and just left in the hallway.  A. mess.  And the worst part of everything was the computer room.  There was a single path of walking space in that room.  It took most of the time to clean, but we got it 95% accomplished.  I have big plans for that room in the near future.

5.  I went back to work.  I got an awesome 3 months at home with my girls after R.Soup was born.  I'm happy to be back at work, if only because I have adults to talk to again.

6.  I started making time to work on crafting/house stuff again.  It may only be an hour after the girls have gone to bed, but I'm sure soon I'll be able to devote more time to working on my crafting projects.  Currently I'm working on four crates - two for the girls bathroom and two for the bottom of the pantry in the kitchen.  More on that later.

7.  I decided to decorate my bathroom.  When we moved in, all the rooms in our house were the same color.  For the most part I'm okay with that on the main level.  Most of that level is one large open space so the consist wall color isn't terrible.  Upstairs though, every wall in every room is (other than the girls rooms) the same and it was starting to wear on me.  Additionally, I had put no effort into decorating the bathroom other than a few (black - what was I thinking) rugs on the floor and a pretty shower curtain.  I'm over it.


Hopefully this will be a good kick-off point for me to start writing here again.

No comments:

Post a Comment