Saturday, June 22, 2013

Catching up

So this was my potential post from yesterday:

Holy moly it's taking me way longer to finish those boxes than I originally intended.  I didn't really account for drying time for each color in between coats AND in between colors.  So I paint two coats (in two separate colors), and then I have to wait 30-45 minutes before I can either 1. start a new color or 2. put down another coat of that color.

Considering I only get about an hour each night to work on anything after L.Soup goes to bed, this is a problem.

So I think by this weekend they will be done.  I've started working on another super secret project in the time being.  I'll tell you all about it when it's done.  It's a surprise for someone, so I don't want to ruin anything.  But I got some of that done during drying time last night.  So now I've got 3 painting projects and 2 sewing projects in the works all at the same time.  *sigh*

And tonight I have about a million dishes to do, so we'll see if I get ANYTHING crafty done at all.

Tomorrow we were supposed to be getting a giant shed delivered.  I just checked again and now it says Monday.  I was a little curious how it was going to be here tomorrow when it spent the entirety of today in Ohio.  Whenever it gets delivered, my parents are going to be watch L.Soup at our house because it has to be signed for.  They'll give us a 4 hour window, so it's easier to have someone go over there and wait than it is for us to take 4 hours off with no clue when the people are actually going to show up.

Saturday is one of my friend's birthday.  In celebration we are heading to Georgetown for the day, and then seeing Bruno Mars!  I'm pretty excited about that!

And today:
In actuality, I got NOTHING done last night.  I went home, we ate dinner, and then L.Soup and I followed her father and uncle to the basketball court near our house to hang out in the beautiful weather. I got a few cute pictures of my girl on my phone:

I've got him covered!
Watching the boys
This is mine!
Look mama

We played on the playground for a few minutes...
They were up there when the lacrosse ball hit!  Eekk!

...Until a lacrosse ball came FLYING over a (not tall enough, obviously) fence that was separating the playground from the ball fields.  At that point we bailed on playtime and L.Soup and I went home to play in SAFETY.  Yeesh.

After L.Soup went to bed, I fully intended on getting something, anything done.  Instead I laid down on the couch "just for a minute" and an hour later I woke up, looked at D.Soup and said "I'm going to bed."  I don't know why I was so exhausted, but I was completely useless.  Luckily, he made us lunches for today because he's awesome.

Finally!  Victory!  I didn't fall asleep AND I got everything on my list done for tonight!

The boxes have one more color that needs to go on them, and then re painting some of the sides that are either still slightly see through, or got another color on them in the process of getting all the sides done.  WOO!

I got my super secret project all sanded, and took a bunch of pictures of it!

AND I did a full load of dishes.  There's still a ton of dirty ones (what, I told you there were a lot!) but the biggest portion of them is in the dishwasher!

Bruno Mars tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment