Monday, June 13, 2011

This is just sad

I have nothing going on in my life. Well, at least, that's what it feels like.

I mean, I know that over the past 12 days there's been a bunch that has happened. But each day I look back and try to think about something to write and there's nothing. Sad.

That means we'll just have to recap:

So last weekend D.Soup decided we were disappointed in our current car (which we've only had for a year), and wanted to look around at something else. The reasoning I have in my head as to why it's not completely ridiculous for us to be trading in a 1 year old car is this: I shouldn't be disappointed in a car that is from a company that makes nothing but luxury cars. The End.

Well, as it just so happens, when D.Soup and I get our minds on something it usually ends up happening within the week. Which means: we are now the proud owners of a Jeep Grand Cherokee!
It's green. But it looks black in these pictures.

I twitched all day at work just waiting for 2:30 pm. That was the time that everything was going to happen, magic hour.

2:30 hit, and we left... got in the car... and headed to Philadelphia to go!see!GLEE!!!

It was glorious. Everything I had ever hoped and dreamed it would be. And at the end I started asking my friends who wanted in on tickets for the next night in DC. I had a few takers too, until it took us 4 hours to get home because of traffic. Ugh.

It was totally worth it.

Thanks for the pictures, Tiff. :)

I thought I was dying. Not going to sleep until 3 am blows. We got out of bed at 6:30. I am a beast. I drank more caffeine this day than I think I have in 10 years. It.wasn't.helping. I begged, BEGGED D.Soup to take me home. But NO, we stayed at work all 8 hours. Like I said, beast.

We went to work. We were bored. So we left. It was amazing to be able to just up and leave. We don't do it very often, so it's nice every once in a while. I'm going to be paying for it later when I have to either make up the time or use my leave, but it was worth it. D.Soup went and played golf with one of his boyfriends. I went to my mom's house and hung out with her and my sister's kids. And crafted.

Results of crafting

I made these banners for my friends bridal shower. I'm really excited about them. I'm making a bunch of other stuff too, but these are the only thing that's finished right now. I'm thinking about posting them on Etsy and trying to sell some. :)

D.Soup went crabbing with one of his other boyfriends (there are many) early in the morning. This allowed me to sleep in a little, and then go to mom's all day and work on finishing up the paper part of the banners. Calli hung out with us while we were crafting, and she managed to make a complete mess of the floor in my grandfathers basement (my fault - I gave her a piece of wood from outside and she turned into a beaver... wood chips were everywhere).

After my nice relaxing morning, the afternoon/evening turned into a frantic mess. It went a little like this:

4 pm --
D.Soup: We're on our way home from crabbing. We're going to call everyone in a little while to plan a time for picking crabs.
Mz.Soup: Alright, make sure you give everyone time, since we're going out tonight too.
D.Soup: Hon, I got this.
5 pm --
D.Soup: Okay, we're going to meet over here at 5:30.
Mz.Soup: I'll be there
5:30 pm --
D.Soup: So it's just going to be us.
Mz.Soup: Why?
D.Soup: There's not enough time to eat and get ready.
Mz.Soup: I told you!
6 pm --
Frantic crab picking and eating
7 pm --
Drive home to take a shower. Hit.every.traffic.light.
7:15 pm --
Get in shower
7:19 pm --
Get out of shower (shortest shower of my LIFE. AND I shampooed, conditioned, and washed.)
7:30 pm --
Leave house (we were running late -- supposed to be at our friends house at 7:30)
8 pm --
Drop boys off at Buffalo Wild Wings. Go to dinner with the girls.

After 8, it was a very relaxed and fun night. We got dinner at this Italian place none of us had every been to, and it was amazing. Then we went out for drinks. And got hit on by some creepers.

I made sure to tell D.Soup multiple times that it's completely ridiculous to try to do that many things in such a short amount of time. I don't know if I got through though.

I cleaned my face off. The sad thing is, I only got 2 rooms cleaned. But they are, for the most part, scrubbed and beautiful. That should tell you how much of a disaster area my house is right now. We did pretty much ALL of the laundry over the weekend too, so that's good.

Then I did nothing but play Words with Friends the rest of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment