Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Adult outing time

D.Soup and I don't take many chances to have just "us time" outside the house.  We spend a few hours together every night after L.Soup goes to bed either working on some house stuff, or watching shows that we both like. 

D.Soup enters the weekly raffle through his company for tickets to the Capitals games, and we lucked out when he scored a pair for Tuesdays game against the Sharks.  We scheduled an extended day with my parents and made plans to leave straight from work to head to DC.


Originally my mom offered to just have L.Soup sleep at their house, but that plan was changed when I admitted I wasn't emotionally ready to not see her at all between Tuesday morning drop off and Wednesday afternoon pickup.  She will be 2 in April, and I have never been away from her for more than a work day.  I didn't want my first night away from her to be one where I was coming home to sleep in my own bed.

We got to DC around 4, and decided just to eat at the Greene Turtle.  It's attached to the Verizon Center, and it was a little gross outside last night.  That, and I wasn't terribly hungry, so I didn't want to go somewhere nice and not actually eat anything.

We split two appetizers - the Mozzarella Caprese and Crab Dip.  After that I was full.  We sat for a little while and just enjoyed each others company, while also people watching.  Of course.

D.Soup decided he wanted to get some wings before we went in for the game.  So I took that opportunity to order something I've been craving for the last week or so.  ICE CREAM.  On top of a brownie which was a definite bonus in my book.  It was delicious.

I was surprised at the number of people that would look at me, and then look down at my belly.  I guess the hockey jersey was throwing them off.  I don't think it was that hard to tell that I am pregnant even through the larger than average shirt.  But apparently some people were having difficulty what exactly was going on under there.

There were some older men sitting behind us, and while two of them were obviously interested in the game, the other two were absolutely not.  They spent the second and third periods gossiping like two little school girls.  It took everything in my red haze filled pregnant brain not to turn around and tell them to shut the eff up.  I couldn't stop myself from loudly complaining to D.Soup about them though.  There's only so much I can do to contain the anger.  At the end of the second period, I actually heard one of the two of them say:
"wait, why are there 0's up on the time clock?"
"It's the end of the second period??  Already??"

Sweet Mary.  How do you miss an entire 20 minutes of game time?!

Anywho... The game was really good, but sadly the Caps ended up losing in the shootout.

We had a great time, AND I got to see my girl this morning when she woke up.  Double bonus.


Thanks again, mom and dad!!

No comments:

Post a Comment