Friday, July 1, 2011

Thinking

I woke up with a migraine this morning. One that, if not dealt with immediately had the potential to be a doozey. And yes, spell check... that is a real word. So shut your face.

I ripped myself from my 10 inches of space that D.Soup had left me to sleep in. Glared at him, and the 15 inches on the other side of him. And stumbled my way blindly to the bathroom.

After searching in every cabinet I could find (in the dark).... And almost throwing a few bottles of what was NOT Excedrin Migraine across the room.... I remembered that the miracle drug was downstairs. Blast.

I crawled back into my tiny space, not so nicely asked D.Soup to share the {damn} bed, and let him know that he needed to get up so he could be my hero. There's no way I was making it down the stairs.

My loving, adoring husband took his sweet time getting out of bed... and made sure to make a pit stop in the bathroom before heading downstairs to find me my relief. Thanks love.

He finally brought it upstairs, alone. No water. No cup even. Thanks again.

And THEN, he flipped on the lights so he could start to get ready. Luckily, while in my head I was hissing and screaming nothing but HATE at him, my mouth could only manage "uuuuuugggggggghhhhhhhhhhhnnnnnnnnn" while I rolled over an covered my eyes as quickly as I could. (For those that don't have the luxury of experiencing a migraine, light = BAD).

So once again, eyes closed, face planted firmly in the crook of my elbow, I made a mad blind dash for the darkness of the bathroom. I scooped water from the sink into my mouth like I had been lost in the desert for a week and just found a river... and tossed back the breakfast of champions.

I knew it was a terrible idea, but there was no stopping me.

The nausea that ensued for the following hour was completely worth my lack of headache.

...I just gave myself a pep talk in the bathroom. It was, and I quote:
"Okay, Shambles. Get your shit together."
I'm doing much better now.



But this got me to thinking... We're making plans to start a family sometime in the near future...

What on earth am I going to do without Excedrin Migraine for 10 months?

Ten.whole.months, and most likely more, with no light at the end of the tunnel when a migraine randomly decides to grace me with its presence. And who knows what other kinds of crazed emotions I will be experiencing while another life form is growing inside of me... A migraine like that could set of an entire domino effect of disaster.

There's only one answer...

The Soup house is going to become a war zone. One of us may not make it out alive. And I don't know if it will be me - in my debilitated state, or my husband - who will have to go up against Hulk Smash, that will survive.




I need to buy the animals some armor.

No comments:

Post a Comment